Friday, December 24, 2010

In Response to The Critics

     I had sent out a notice via my personal e-mail that I had a book being published. There were a lot of mixed responses to this book. One person in particular had a response that stood out to me Please take me off your mailing list. I am sorry your deployment wasn't what you wanted, good luck to you.
     I did remove this person from my list. now this person just happened to be a captain in the united states army national guard from California.At first I didn't think I knew this person, but I realized I did know him in a round about way. I had put my name on a list to fill vacancies going to Afghanistan. He refused my application.
      He was sorry that my deployment didn't go the way I wanted it. How would he know how i wanted it to go? Unless he read my book.  Which I knew he hadn't because then he would have known.
     It wasn't that I wanted the deployment to go any certain way. But I did know that I wanted it going in accordance to standards. Take you off my mailing list with pleasure. I question what knowledge he has of me.It must be only hearsay - but it is bad enough to prevent being picked up for a mission.
     As a captain he should have read the book. He could have saved himself much heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment