Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today's NEW Army

Why would anyone even care? Why take the time to look at the research? Because at the end of a day it says something about who you are.
When the news of out first sergeant's affair broke, there were varying degrees of acceptance. Some said live and let live. Others said what a lousy way to manage a company. Yet when the news hit you would have thought that I had done the damage.
All I did was provide the information to the right chain of command. I am not the one who kept the love notes. I am not the one who sent email after email discussing why I can't leave my wife. I am not the one who spent endless hours crying over a man who had dumped me. I am not the one who spent every waking moment trying to lie my way out of a scandal.
All I did was file a report. So why take your anger out on me? If it had been your daughter, would you have turned a blind eye? Would you have wanted a cover up? If your daughter came home pregnant with a bastard child, how would you feel knowing that the man who did this was your daughter's first sergeant?
I suppose there are still those who perpetuate the underbelly of lies and deceit, but someone has to make an effort to stop the corruption. OK. So I told. Am I really the bad guy here?

No comments:

Post a Comment