Monday, February 14, 2011

The Military Is a small world indeed.

I hate it when I meet someone or see a face that haunts me until I remember where I knew that or saw that. It happens to me ever so often, I just have to step away from it to remember it.
That's when that AHaaaa moment strikes - when you least expect it. So it was with this memory I keep seeing in my minds eye. What was it? who was it that said that? Then a moment of clarity strikes and I remember. It's not that the memory is that important it's really that I can't remember it that is impotant.
Why is it that our minds protect us like that. I wish I could recall it all in a moments inspiration - but I can't. So I have to wait - patiently - until my minds lets me remember it. I can be riding in a car, drinking at a bar, looking afar - alright I know corny, but the premise is : when I want to remember I can't. When I want to forget I remember.
Certain sights, sounds, noises make me remember - I don't have a choice. It just happens.
That's why when ever someone says; when did this happen, why did this happen, how old where you when this happened? i really choose NOT to remember.
I don't want to remember the pain, the hurt, the struggle, the issues surrounding "the who, what, when or where" it isn't easy for me. I hate the ugliness of life. I always have and I always will. And really no one cares. They really don't. And anyhow why would they? It is mind boggling to me. Just know that "XYZ" happened and let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment