Thursday, August 18, 2011

I appreciate my readers

It is always easier to criticize than it is to praise. I recognize this in myself and I personally put myself in check each time I start to say something negative. At the very least I try to reword it and say what needs to be said in a non threatening way. Of course, there are times when you don't have the luxury to worry about how it is said - it just has to be said.
This is true for me in my writtings as well. I free write then I rest, pause and reflect. If my writing doesn't sound as if I am talking about an issue as I would in a normal conversation then I redo it. I am not concerned with the politically correct way to say it I just say it.
In my book, "In Iraq they say it's safe inside the wire" I wrote to my reader. I have header a lot of various comments, but the one I like the best was, " It sounds like you are just sitting here talking to me." That was the goal of the tone of my book.
Thanks to all of you who have read my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment