Monday, December 6, 2010

Beyond the Wire

I am retracing my steps during the past two years and I am discovering that I have been an integral part of something very important.
When I returned home from Iraq I was still in a state of physical recovery. What I didn't realize is that I am also in a state of mental, and spiritual recovery as well.
I had lost faith in my fellow man. I didn't trust what anyone said - I suspected everyone had a hidden agenda. It took working thru these emotion in therepy and working hard in my role as an Operation Warrior Trainer. I have been a part of a very respected group of men and women who truely care about doing the right thing and make it clear that all who are assigned to this job will take care to always do the right thing.
This is such a transition from where I have been. It took me awhile to believe that there were this caliber of soldier's left in the Army. These folks were mostly Active Duty soldiers. They took the time to make every mission as important and accurate as the first mission.
When I went to work it was with the knowledge that I was going to impact someone's life today in a huge way. I slowly learned that I could trust the soldier's I worked with in this new Battalion. I knew with certainty that there was no hidden agenda. There was no back stabbing, There was only hard work. And lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment